Field Support Engineer, IT Services
Company: Covenant Living at Windsor Park
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living at Windsor Park is seeking a Field Support Engineer to join their team. This position is responsible for providing first point of contact for comprehensive IT service and support of PC desktops, laptops, printers, application software, etc. The position supports facility related technologies such as IP based security systems, telephony, time keeping, networking, inter-networking devices, AV and other technologies. The position also provides general support to residents and other staff in information technology and other service areas of Covenant Living (CL). Will be assigned to one of the campuses; a campus may have between 40 and 100 workstations and supports about 500 users residing in the facilities buildings. The Field Support Engineer is a proficient technical customer service representative that can provide a broad range of services, both directly to the end-user community as well as to Central Office IT Staff. This Engineer is typically the only IT staff on a campus. The Field Support Engineer will do the following:
- Manage the day-to-day work order flow of the IT related issues of the local community.
- Work with all levels of customer including residents, staff, executive management, IT management, contractors, etc.
- Manage the customer’ support experience with a goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Proactively seek out issues before they become problems.
- Attend and participate in campus operations meetings as the representative of IT.
- Manage assigned projects and conducting research.
- Prepare written and verbal reports of activity and issues for IT management.
- Provide status information of work orders for customers proactively.
- Have a genuine concern for the comfort and wellbeing of their residents.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in one or more technical areas.
- Provide backup support to Field Support Engineers at other CL communities.
- Assist in maintaining and documenting IT related policies and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships.