Family Advocate Bilingual
Company: Catholic Charities
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Catholic Charities is seeking a bilingual Family Advocate to assist the Site Supervisor and other staff in planning, developing, implementing and coordinating the Head Start Performance Standards as related to Health and Nutrition Services, Family and Community Partnerships, Program Design and Management. Below lists some responsibilities of the position. Click on Apply Now to read more about the position and to apply.
- Cooperatively work with interdisciplinary team members, parents, and other specialists to evaluate and develop treatment and/or intervention plans for children and/or families.
- Implement parent training in conjunction with the Manager of Family and Community Engagement.
- Responsible for providing opportunities for Parent Involvement activities.
- Work with families to help them determine family action plans, assess needs, and educating families of available community resources to meet those needs.
- Conduct intake process to enroll eligible families in the program and obtaining necessary information that is needed.
- Conduct periodic visits to homes of children in order to encourage building of relationships with families and to implement required follow-up services.
- When necessary escort/translate/advocate and/or represent families who may be unable to act on their own behalf in obtaining services or benefits for programs to which they may be entitled. Advocating for clients in problem situations, including appeals, reconsiderations, and attempts to meet family needs through alternative resources when necessary.