Executive Assistant/Deputy Clerk
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Government, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time Executive Assistant/Deputy Clerk position. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, performing a variety of responsible, confidential, and complex administrative support and clerical duties within the Village Manager’s Office. Answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Interacts with a diverse group of external stakeholders, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Provides responsive customer service by answering and responding to inquiries via phone, e-mail, or in person. Regularly performs duties such as record keeping, data entry, document research, coordination of meetings and conferences, drafting business correspondence, organizing direct mailings, and working on special projects. Performs other duties as assigned. Position reports to the Village Manager.
Some essential functions are the following:
- Provides a variety of complex, confidential duties for Management Team. Coordinates confidential/private information in a responsible manner in accordance with Federal, State and local laws.
- Provides day-to-day clerical and administrative support functions within the Village Manager’s Office, including assigned special projects.
- Coordinates the workflow to and from the Village Manager’s office to assure proper and timely completion of work, advising Village Manager of significant problems and notification to staff of any changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Village Board agenda packet and related documentation; cross trains on processing ordinances and resolutions for signature; records ordinances with the County Recorder and/or Clerk’s office.
- Acts as Deputy Village Clerk, and initiates and maintains a variety of files and official records concerning Village business, such as legal documents/correspondence, contracts, ordinances, Board/Commission Reports, meeting minutes, and agreements.
- Attends Village Board meetings in the Village Clerk’s absence.
- Prepare minutes for various boards and commissions.
- Tracks and prepares grant applications, reports and close-out packages.