Director, Quality Networks
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, IT, Management
Type: Full Time
The Quality Networks Director provides strategic direction and management for American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) primary care and hospitalist quality improvement (QI) networks. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction for the AAP QI networks that assist members in implementing evidence-based processes t0 improve care for children using QI methodologies. Work with SVP and Senior Director to identify future QI projects to support AAP clinical practice guidelines and reports.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff and encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff. Ensure staff operate in a fiscally prudent manner, maintain confidentiality, operate with the highest ethical standards, and provide excellent service to members and volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with staff across the AAP to support and coordinate quality activities within chapters, councils, and sections.
- Plan, design, implement, and evaluate improvement efforts of the networks, including IRB and MOC applications.
- Working with the network consultants/medical advisors, develop and expand networks to engage in QI work consistent with AAP standards and practices.
- Write and manage grants that support network activity, including hiring and overseeing consultants and preparing grant reports.
- Oversee the project management of network collaboratives and projects, including planning groups, trainings, learning sessions, and conference calls.
- Oversee the development and implementation of data collection, reporting and analysis strategy for network projects.
- Develop and monitor budgets for network activities, including grants.
- Oversee the development of enduring QI resources for AAP members and staff.
- Work collaboratively with Quality staff to improve network processes and expand network reach.
- Oversee the content design, development, and maintenance of network websites, project extranets, and web resources for network QI activities.
- Plan and facilitate periodic strategic planning meetings of the networks.
- Keep current on maintenance of certification requirements and national policy related to QI.