Director, Library and Archival Services
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Library Science
Type: Full Time
The position directs the projects, staff, and operations of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) library services and the Gartner Pediatric History Center. Provide primary oversight for the AAP copyright compliance policy and activities. Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operations of the AAP Library and Gartner Pediatric History Center.
- Serve as the Copyright Officer for the AAP, providing guidance to staff and oversight of the policy and processes for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Direct staff to ensure that appropriate materials and reference services are provided to staff and volunteers.
- Advise and guide AAP staff in methods, approaches, and tools to conduct literature searches and systematic evidence review.
- Advise and guide AAP staff in record retention decisions, including materials to be retained, formats, and locations of those records.
- Direct the AAP Oral History Project.
- Promote the use of the historical collection through exhibits, educational programs, publications, and developing and maintaining relationships with donors and users.
- Acquire appropriate materials for the Gartner Pediatric History Center.
- Develop and manage assigned grant/contract budgets. Ensure funder/contract requirements are met.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff. Encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff. Support ongoing staff development, help set objectives, and evaluate performance, and promote and enhance staff capacity in skills necessary to achieve goals.