Data Center Engineer
Company: Sentinel Technologies
Type: Full Time
Sentinel is currently seeking a highly motived Data Center Engineer to join their team. The Data Center Engineer will be involved in all aspects regarding the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Data Center technologies. You will be working with the National Support team to install, configure, troubleshoot, support and repair Data Center technologies. Those technologies include compute, storage, virtualization, server OS and server software technologies. You will manage incidents and requests assigned to the team/personal queue within the established SLA. Vendor and service provider case management. Develops Knowledge Base articles to assist other engineers. The ideal candidate should have an extensive Data Center technologies background and possess strong communication skills. Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of hands on experience working with VMWare, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Office/Microsoft 365, Microsoft Exchange and SAN platforms (NetApp, Nimble, or Dell EMC).
- Must have experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Server Operating Systems and VMware as a virtualization platform.
- Other desired experience/skills are a plus:
- Microsoft, Cisco and/or storage certifications such as MCSA or CCNA/CCNP Data Center
- Backup: Avamar, Veeam
- Compute: Cisco UCS, Cisco Hyperflex, HP and Dell servers
- Cloud: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: SQL
- Endpoint Security: Cylance
- Email Security: Cisco ESA
- Load Balancer: Citrix Netscaler, F5 BIG-IP, Riverbed
- Microsoft Server Roles: RDS, Certificate Services – PKI, SharePoint, IIS, Group Policy, NPS, and Hyper-V
- VDI: VMware Horizon, Citrix
- Excellent communication skills.