Company: DuPage County Health Department
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is seeking a Custodian to join their team. Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops, washes, strips, waxes, and buffs floors.
- Dusts, waxes, and washes windows, blinds, walls and woodwork.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and kitchen areas and replenishes supplies.
- Vacuums rugs, polishes metalwork, waxes woodwork and doors, washes windows, walls, stairwells and elevators.
- Pushes, pulls and operates powered cleaning equipment such as an auto scrubber, buffing machine, carpet extractor, wet/dry vacuum and performs general waste and hazardous material removal.
- Performs routine grounds maintenance work such as shoveling snow, and salting walkways.
- Performs routine and less complex building maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs and replacing ballasts, painting, minor electrical, carpentry and plumbing projects.
- Provides back-up for the delivery of mail and supplies between locations.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.