Company: Illinois Department of Human Services
Category: Culinary, Government
Type: Full Time
Illinois Department of Human Services is seeking a Cook to join their mental health facility in Elgin. See below for full details and instructions how to apply.
- 30% 1. Cooks meats and vegetables and prepares other foods and beverages.
- 25% 2. Operates standard cooking equipment such as mixing machines, steam cookers, toasters, food choppers, bake ovens, steam kettles.
- 15% 3. Assists in the inspection of the kitchen to verify the kitchen is equipped with the necessary supplies and needed food. Informs Cook II/manager of needed food items to properly prepare menu food items.
- 15% 4. Cleans equipment and work area to maintain sanitation safety and conditions. Reports hazards and malfunctions of equipment to manager of office assistant.
- 5% 5. Serves as back-up for the food service tine with food/batch cook required food items. 5% 6. Completes all Department of Human Services (OHS) and Capitol Region Mental Health Center mandatory training requirements and participates in education workshops to maintain profession and competency.
- 5% 7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 1. Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of high school and six months of cooking experience. which provides working knowledge of food preparation and cooking methods on a large-scale basis.
- 2. Requires possess ion of a valid Food Service Sanitation Certificate issued by the Illinois
- Department of Public Health or requires possession of a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) certification from a program accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
- Qualifying state employees in the Upward Mobility Program may complete combinations of specific proficiency tests and training programs leading to a certificate in lieu of the staled education and experience requirements for this class.
- Work Hours: 5:00 am to 1:00 pm, Rotating Schedule, Off Every Third Weekend
- Work Location: Division of Mental Health, Elgin Mental Health Center, Dietary Services, 750 S State St Elgin, IL 60123-7612
- SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: (Must be postmarked by closing date)
Elisa Angon, Human Resources Representative