CNC Mill Operator – 2nd Shift
Company: MW Industries-LaVezzi
Type: Full Time
The Machine Setup Operator – Mill/Mill Turn is expected to operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate raw materials and/or parts. The Machine Setup Operator – Mill/ Mill Turn sets up machine, loads raw material and/or parts in the machine, cycles program and detects malfunctions in the machines operation, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production, communicates with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment. Essential Job Functions:
- Read blueprints and follow inspection in-process logs.
- Operate various CNC equipment such as Mill/ Mill Turn and to machine or grind components appeasing precise customer specifications.
- Completes and maintains paperwork for operations / tasks and inspection completed.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition defined by safety procedures.
- Complete routine maintenance on equipment e.g. fill the cutting oil and check filters.
- Manual deburring is required for specific jobs before or after machining operation is completed.
- Understand function and importance of lot control.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations defined in Employee Hand- book and Employee Safety Manual.