Billing Specialist-Medical Billing
Company: ATI Physical Therapy
Category: Billing, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
ATI Physical Therapy has an opening for the Medical Billing Specialist position. The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for all activities associated with the billing and collection of patient accounts within established company guidelines. The position includes direct contact with patients, insurance companies, and vendors. The qualified candidate will be an energetic person, ready to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The Billing Specialist is responsible for all activities associated with the billing and collection of receivables within the established company guidelines. The position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain friendly and appropriate communication with clients, insurance companies, patients, vendors and employees. What you will be doing:
- You will perform the follow-up of outstanding AR including; review and resolution of claim rejections, claim denials, unpaid/short-paid claims.
- You will review/update patient demographic and insurance/billing information to ensure proper and timely collection of accounts.
- You will identify and resolve root-cause of recurring denials/rejections.
- You will ensure proper account setup and billing, research all information needed to complete the billing process.
- You will Communicate and correspond with co-workers and management to identify and report trends and issues preventing the billing and/or collection of accounts.