Authorization Specialist – Healthcare/Medical Insurance
Company: ATI Physical Therapy
Category: Healthcare, Insurance
Type: Full Time
ATI Physical Therapy is seeking an Authorization Specialist/Healthcare Insurance to join their team. The Authorization Specialist is responsible for obtaining authorizations for patients by providing the appropriate forms and clinical data to insurance companies. This role works with Revenue Cycle staff members and Clinicians to coordinate the authorization process in a timely and accurate manner for various carriers.
- Develop relationships with Nurse Case Managers/Adjusters to provide top notch customer service experience.
- Verify and obtain authorizations as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients.
- Accurately enter authorized dates, visit or units into ATI’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to correctly track therapy services.
- Coordinate efforts and communication between the insurance companies and the clinic regarding insurance specific forms and timelines so that the patient is authorized throughout any continued care that is needed.
- Provide feedback for authorization changes according to insurance plan changes.
- Collaborate with the Central Billing Office for missed authorizations while the patient was being seen for therapy service.
- Efficiently handle the assigned authorization workload to assure timely completion of requests.
- Ensure compliance to departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Complete all assigned training programs.
- Collaborate with team members with supportive communication, respect, and appropriate feedback.