Activity Therapist Coordinator
Company: Department of Human Services
Category: Government, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
Department of Human Services is seeking an Activity Therapist Coordinator. Below is the description of the position. If this position is a fit for you and you want to apply, you may send your resume to email@example.com.
- Coordinates therapeutic activity programs designed to meet the developmental needs of the Center’s individuals.
- As a skilled member of the treatment team, makes detailed analysis and evaluation of individuals· needs and their responses to treatment. Gathers, organizes, and presents this information to the team. Makes and receives recommendations regarding treatment for individuals in the unit. Incorporates suggestions into the individual treatment plans developed for individuals. Assists other team members in developing plans for individuals.
- Provides individual and group activity therapy programs.
- Serves as designated lead worker to lower level staff.
- Conducts activity therapy training programs for employees, volunteers. and other agencies.
- Attends and actively participates in training.
- Determines the equipment and supplies needs of the Activity Therapy program and requisitions such. Prepares work orders.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree with a major in therapeutic recreation, music therapy. art therapy, dance therapy and drama therapy, leisure studies. OR
- Recreation with a specialization in recreational therapy, including successful completion of approved internship, fieldwork. OR
- Practicum, supplemented by two years of professional experience as an Activity Therapist or requires a master’s degree with a major in therapeutic recreation, music therapy, art therapy. dance therapy, drama therapy, leisure studies or recreation with a specialization in recreational therapy and one year of professional experience as an Activity Therapist.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires ability to carry out physical restraint of individuals.
- Conditions of Employment:
- Requires ability to work overtime.