Accounts Receivable Clerk
Company: City of Naperville
Category: Accounts, Customer Service, Government
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville’s Finance Department is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join its multi-tasking accounting team. This clerk is responsible for providing customer service and processing payments in the form of cash, check and credit card from patrons for monies owed to the city. The AR Clerk scans items, provides change, balances drawer, and prepares bank deposit and performs a variety of clerical duties including management of record system(s), maintenance of reports, data entry, fee processing and research. Duties:
- Handling cash, check and credit card transactions with customers.
- Responsible for daily downloads of electronic payments and application of these payments in various systems.
- Assist with entry of payments received via wire transfers and electronic payment methods.
- Research and rectify exception payments to determine correct allocation.
- Issue receipts, change, petty cash, tax stamps, A/P checks, parking permits, smart cards, yard waste stickers and other Finance service items.
- Maintain record systems and provide responses and documentation to requests for information.
- Audit/balance cash drawer, petty cash fund, yard waste stickers, transfer stamps, CBD permits and other Finance goods and prepares daily bank deposit.
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints, providing relevant information and adhering to ordinances, procedures, policies and practices.
- Follow department policies regarding security of customer information.
- Index, prepare and file information according to established record keeping system.
- Provide input and assist with various departmental projects – including testing of new processes and systems.